Sunday, October 26, 2008

Question below

Q.) My maze of \\\"rules\\\" has been absolutely rigid, sometimes morphs into new ones, for 30 years. They are so wired into me, and I saw them as necessary to survive (I think some over-valued ideation is present, but I still see the irrationality in my mental construct.) Therapists and meds galore didn\\\'t help,am longtime member of ocd foundation, and exposure-response prevention always seemed brutal(tried it). My fears are so intense, I fall into persistent hysteria and depression if something happens against my controlled structure. How can I break from this stranglehold? I understand your approach, but I have such an entrenched case. I\\\'ve recently tried confronting some things in the top layer with some success, but the hard-core issues seem impenetrable. (Also, I want to get all you have to offer-- I like your simple, direct approach. I\\\'ve read about Acceptance Commitment Therapy,too, a program that seems compatible with your methods.) My 27-year relationship has crumbled because of this, and I\\\'m at a pivotal crossroads

A.) I can definitely appreciate your situation. I lost my girlfriend for a while because of OCD and my job. You see, I would just pace and do rituals instead of working. They liked me a lot so they would have kept me, but I felt like I was going to go crazy so I just quit completely. That was one of the worst things I could have done because it just gave me more time to ruminate and perform useless rituals.

It's a change in how you view your situation is what the doctor ordered so to speak. You need to change the way that you communicate with your subconscious mind. Stop giving yourself commands that reinforce your OCD. You've got to give your subconscious mind commands that will empower you and depower OCD behavior. Say things like, my case is easy, I claim freedom from OCD. I am stronger than my OCD. My resolve to clear myself of OCD is stronger than OCD. I control OCD thoughts at all times. This will command your subconscious which drives your emotions. You've got to really be dedicated and the hardest part is just saying the right things to yourself. We talk to ourselves all the time. I wonder if I turned off the iron. I wonder if I will make it on time to work, etc. Well I have great news for you, you can control that voice! So start replacing bad things you tell yourself with good things and after a while you will notice a marked improvement. After all, if you are feeding good commands to your subconscious mind which controls your emotions don't you think you'll improve? It's inevitable and forced.

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

Here's the formula ===>

No comments:

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed