Thursday, October 30, 2008

Question below

Q.) I just turned 21 last week. I am going away to a residential school, despite my severe OCD. The thought is that I need to be out of the house (and away from my mother\\\'s help) in order to get better (as well as to become more independent) -- but how will I cope with the stress of my OCD in this new and stressful living environment? What should I ask to be provided to me in terms of services (therapy) and supports to help me have a chance of being successful in this new environment/school?

A.) It's a good decision you are making by going away. People that stay at home and feed their OCD have a harder time getting over it. Here you are forcing yourself too and that is sometimes what people have to do. I am proud of you for having such courage. Yes, let faculty and staff know so that you diminish some of the pressure that you may feel. If they have a counselor, it probably won't hurt to go, but tell them that you don't want to keep reminding yourself of OCD, but you want to forget about it and that you don't need to deal with it because it's just made up. In fact, you are dealing with it by learning how to ignore this paper tiger ( this made up monster) I believe in you and you can do it! Remember never to give up, one of the keys to success is to "try until you are successful."

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

==> Here's your set of keys

No comments:

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed