Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Q.) How do you treat breathing obsessions ocd

A.) This is a very good question. I used to have this problem for a short time. You may find that breathing exercises may not feel helpful. At the same time, it's comforting to know that there is a breathing pattern that can help, especially when a doctor tells you about it. I have heard many, I would say breathe however is comfortable for you. The real answer is to not think about your breathing because when you are not controlling your breathing, your body breathes the way it's supposed to naturally! So focus on distraction tactics here. One thing you can do right now is to do something that entertains you or makes you think, like chess, math, thought evoking movies, books. Experiment and find which one works best for you.

No comments:

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed