Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question below!

Q.) My quesion is do you offer any help with breathing obsessions such as manually breathing for yourself unless you are asleep or really busy.

A.) Yes, I used to suffer from this for a short period. I would go to the hospital and tell the doctor that I felt like I was hyperventilating. This could have been the case I was told. I was told to breathe in for six seconds and out for three. I've also seen different second increments. These are just to calm you down. I found that they didn't work to well for me. Instead, what did the trick was to distract myself from my breathing altogether and my body would just take over. Every time I thought about it again, it would come back, but then I would distract myself again. It gets easier with practice. Try movies and chess, math, books, etc. See what works best for you.

No comments:

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed