Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question below!

Q.) is flooding an effective treatment of OCD as opposed to graded exposure? (my type of OCD is obsessions with lists/memorising stuff)

A.) I would memorize some scriptures about fear. Memorize Phil 4:8 definitely.
When you feel like you are obsessing, quote this scripture to yourself, then think about the things that you love. Make a happy place for you to go in your mind like a mini vacation, then go there, like day dreaming. After a while, just like with most tactics, just thinking about the tactic will take away the OCD, then a while after that, your OCD thoughts will decline until you get to the point that you're like, wow, I just had an OCD thought and it's simple to dismiss them at this point.

No comments:

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed