Friday, September 5, 2008

Become too lazy to perform rituals...

Q.) i really want to be free of constantly obsessing over the same really bad thoughti have told famiily and a very close friend i would just like the best advice from somebody that has recovered of how to deal with and get rid of this horrible condition! thanks xxx

A.) I remember when It all started for me with one nagging obsessive thought and it was that way for a while, then it spread into other thoughts like a cancer. What really freed me from it was the fact that I realized no matter how much I did the ritual, It never really gave me peace. I was always worried I did it wrong, what it came to was I was just too overloaded doing all these rituals, that I just sat there and said, I'm tired, I can't do it anymore, it's just too exhausting! That was the turning point for me. I simply was too lazy to perform rituals, and I'll tell you what, it's a lot easier!

"Become too lazy to perform rituals today!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed