Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Q.) How do I stop myself from wanting to get rid of my belongings?

A.) Find out what the underlying fear is that is causing you to feel this way. How you find out what this fear is ask yourself this question, "Why do I want to get rid of my things, what am I afraid will happen if I don't?" This should help you zero in on your fear like a sniper. I've used this a lot. Then reverse the question, "What bad will happen if I keep my things?" This should mentally lighten the the fear for you and you should be able to then shrug it off you the way people do who don't suffer from OCD. You may need to practice for a bit, but it works like a charm!

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

"The key to living without OCD!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed