Friday, September 5, 2008

Q.) Why do people with OCD seem to notice more details than those that don\\\\\\\'t suffer?

A.) Because they're looking. People with OCD have a fear that they will lose control, so they look for indicators and markers they can grip with their minds to feel that sense of control. It's not that they are power hungry, they are insecure. I used to be that way, I used to doubt everything under the sun and beyond. In a world where no one really has control, I could not come to grips with the fact that I really can't have control. I had to get comfortable with change. I had to shift my thinking into being happy and taking comfort in the tossing turning waves of this world. At the same time, I realized that the more you let go of control, the more of it you have. It's a paradox. In order to get control, you must let it go.

"Become free from obsessive compulsive disorder today!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed