Friday, September 5, 2008

Violent obsessions about people you love?

Q.) Why cant I see that it is ocd that is causing me to have violent obsessions about people that i love with all my heart? To know even after having this 18 years I still dont get that. I am not and have never hurt a flea my entire life. The thoughts make me so scared, and anxious, and most of all guilty.

A.) What was really comforting for me when I had those thoughts was when I learned that we cannot control the thoughts that "pop" into our minds. We CAN control how we react to them. So if the thought of hurting a loved one pops in your mind, know that it's something you can't control and you are not going to be afraid of that thought because you know that you are not that way. Tell yourself that you will not be timid anymore that you are going to be firm with yourself and you have decided that you are not going to fear those thoughts because you would never do that and you have already decided. When you have thoughts that question this decision, be firm with yourself and know you've already made a decision to not fear these thoughts. These thoughts aren't worth your time when you have so many other important things that you should be thinking about.


"Let go of OCD today!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed