Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Question below

Q.) If I do not engage in my ritual, my mind will have the anxiety for the whole day and I could not do anything. Hence, I always give in and had my ritual done. How to avoid this?

A.) In this case, use a transition. Instead of going from performing to not performing, perform a different ritual. Like in an earlier post, I said to blink your eyes or something, something you don't care about, but something that will replace. I personally like to replace OCD thoughts with a passion. I disarm them by saying, "This thought is unproductive, I refuse to focus on it." When you can master shifting your focus, you will be OCD free, period.

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

"Get gone obsessive compulsive disorder!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed