Friday, September 5, 2008

Q.) How do i best help my teen daughter with her anxiety and OCD?

A.) When I had anxiety and OCD my girlfriend at first used to enable me and let me talk her into performing rituals or helping me to perform rituals or not go places because of my anxiety. Later on she got sick of it and stopped helping me and stopped enabling me, she helped to save me. She told me that she was there for me if I wanted to talk and she told me she believed in me. She did research to find out what anxiety and OCD where. I would refer her to sites like this and others where she can read the questions and answers of other readers. I have set up a community where people come to get help but don't enable each other by telling poor me stories. This will hurt them. Instead, the best way is to learn from people who have become OCD and anxiety free and to hang out with people who don't have OCD or anxiety. We are the sum of the five people we hang out with the most.

"Help your loved one get over OCD today!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed