Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Q.) How can I stop obsessing

A.) There is one thing that I heard of that you could try is to create another obsession that you don't really have and do that every time you feel like doing the old one. The trick is to make it something that you really don't care about and something that takes considerably less amounts of time. For example: Instead of washing the dishes a million times or touching a door knob or checking your baby a million times, instead, blink your eyes once. Something like this, whatever it is, do it only once. Sets of blinks don't count, it doesn't matter if you count them because they don't count. Think of it like it only works with one blink. You can't do it wrong, so no repeating. if you are unsure, it means you already blinked. You see what I'm doing? I'm painting you into a corner where you can't resort to your old ways and your brain will have to come up with different ways. No, this technique is something that I did not do but I am putting it here because it has worked for some people and what worked for me may not work for you. So all the tips and techniques here HAVE WORKED for a lot of people.

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

"Say bye bye to OCD today!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed