Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Question below!

Q.) My partner suffers from a form of OCD (BDD) and is very angry and frustrated. this manifests itself in different ways. He breaks things in the house and is verbally agressive towards me. This behaviour was infrequent at first but has now become part of his routine and happens instantaneously. what can we or should we do. He is seeing a cognitive therapist and taking medication.

A.) If he is abusing you, you need to get out of the house or he needs to go somewhere else until you and your counselor agree that you are safe. Noone should have to be abused because of OCD. He needs to continue his medication and if it's not working, I would consider asking your therapist for an increse in the dose. Make sure that the medication is not making him worse.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed