Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Question below!

Q.) Hi Derek. I seem to OCD about the thought of \\\'suicide\\\'. It makes it even worse that a cousin of mine committed suicide as well. I currently see a therapist, and I take medication for my thoughts. But, I don\\\'t know anymore. I don\\\'t hate my life, I just get these thoughts. Is there any way I can get rid of them? :(

A.) Yes, first if you ever feel like you are going to hurt yourself or others to call 911 right away. Then, yes these thoughts can go away, first what you want to do is to find a passion. Write down right now the things that you love to do, this that you can do now that don't require you to go buy anything or whatever. Now make a goal to try to get really good at these things. Put together a plan on how you are going to pursue and complete your dream by a certain time and then go after it with all your might! Pray to God and He will help you figure out what your dream is and to get through anxiety and OCD etc. You can do it and I believe in you! Tell me what it is you have chosen and let me know how it's going!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed