Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Question below!

Q.) I have had OCD since I was 11 (I am now 20) and it has taken up nearly every day since then. I have obsessive thoughts more than physical compulsions: things like if I don\\\'t do something a certain way then someone will get hurt etc, which I\\\'m sure a few others will have had. It is always a split-second thought though, which doesn\\\'t give my brain enough time to rationalise it. My head is very full of these thoughts and rituals that go with it. Are there any ways to help alleviate these thoughts, and to effectively calm my mind down?

A.) Find a nice comfortable place and chair where there is peace and quiet. Then close your eyes and picture yourself in the middle of the desert. All the sand around you is your anxiety and OCD. It's the anxiety and your rituals. Now picture a wind come and blow all the sand away so that you are left on a solid wood floor. The anxiety and OCD are still there, but they are there in a way that you can use them for your benefit. They are there in the form of a beautiful hardwood floor! You can now travel more freely, are in more control. You have this control over anxiety and OCD. All you have to do is to picture it to happen in your head, once you can do that, then you can work to make it a reality!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed