Saturday, November 29, 2008

Question below!

Q.) whenever i see or listen something bad or horrible .......my mind start using those events/words/things to make abusing statements for me/my dear ones. ex: if i see knife it will say \\\"someone will kill u wid knife\\\" if i read just a bit about some dangrous disease it will say \\\"u will have the same\\\" hundreds of this kind of statement i face daily!! wat should i do second thing it made me a rule for me that i have to perform every action seeing something good/pleasent only and at the same it shows me the worst images so that i cant perform any action.......so in order to do that particular action i start thinking of good image then perform that action!!whetether i am going to wash my hand/putting a cup/wearing shirt etc. last time i have written my question in short.......your last reply 2 me gave me some confidence to write more!! thankx so much

A.) This is called the chatter box in your mind. It's the negative chatterbox which is that little voice inside that beats you up. Telling you that you can't do it, that you'll never make it, that you have to do rituals. When you hear this chatterbox, tell it to "shut up!" Be firm with it, DO NOT accept what it says because it's just a big meany! You are the new boss in town and what you want to go will, because it is YOUR mind. I believe in you!

Derek

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed