Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Question below!

Q.) I have had ocd for about 20 years with all theclassic symtoms of checking and handwashing..for about the last year I\\\'ve experienced intrusive thoughts..ostly causing harm to myself or loved ones..we recently moved into a new house with gas fireplaces and stoves..I have continuous intrusive thougts that I will throw a match on the gas intake and blow the house up..it causes me so much anxiety and the horrific images in my head won\\\'t go away..I know I will never do this but the images and the \\\"what IF I did\\\" won\\\'t go away:( what can I do yo lessen the intrusive thought:(

A.) re word the "what if" statement to "what if I don't burn the house down?" What if I actually forget indulging these OCD thoughts.

remember these thoughts carefully!!!!!!!

care, but don't care too much!

always, in anything, look for the good components of the situation, always!

Phil 4:8, (do the work and look it up so you can appreciate it more)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed