Thursday, November 20, 2008

Question below!

Q.) hi derek, it\\\'s me again , i want to know if this is ocd and if this is ocd, tell me what to do....well, i was trying to dust off hair on my couch on one the sides where u placed your hands to rest on.. in my bedroom... i cover a blanket over my couch, i lift part of the blanket where i want to dust off the hair and then after a placed the blanket over the side of the couch to put it back how it was ,,, i felt as if something was tickling me by my hands making me think piece of my long black hair could have rolled on along my hands and fell back on that same spot where i was trying to dust off... i did this over and over and then i finally tell my self spite ocd no matter what i felt. i immediately told myself moy just spite the ocd now ...and immediately i dropped the blanket and cover it how it was before and walked away from the couch but remember derek i had my eyes closed while i was dusting off..... and i can\\\'t remember if i glance at the side of the couch where i was dusting with my hands or i open for a 1 or 2 or 3 or4 or 5 secs and i so happened to see a white spot or it could be a white thing there.... but what i trying to say derek is that when i walked away from the couch with my eyes closed i open my door to go outside and i kept on saying spite the ocd ... then i remembered i opened my eyes and looked down on the ground to put on my brown slippers but at the same time i saw a white spots on the ground.... and then for a few seconds i was thinking and imagining i seeing a small white stuff shape like a circle was on the side of the couch where i was dusting.....at the same time i do not know if i really imagining or thinking ..or it could really be there and i could have seen the a white thing when i could have possible open my eyes while iwas back in my room dusting on the side of the couch... the point what i trying to find out derek is that is this an ocd.. and if it is please tell me how to think and what to think and what to do with these thoughts...... sometimes i clean a certain thing trying to dust off whatever i\\\'m trying to get rid of and then when i move from that area and started to walk with my eyes close so i trying not to see anything and when i open my eyes at the same time i was still holding on that strong negative feeling just after dusting whatever object it was i was doing and when i open my eyes and whatever i placed my eyes on i take those thoughts and imagine those thoughts were on that thing i was dusting off a while ago and theni end up thinking and believing it\\\'s in the object that iwas dusting off and then i end up giving in and went back dusting off over and over andd over.... .for example... the one i told u just after dusting the side of the couch trying to get rid of a hair...well i don\\\'t know if the hair their....but istill feeling it was there.. and then when i left the couch and walked straight to the door with my eyes closed and i opened it to see i put on my slippers and my eyes went straight to the ground but on the ground the truth is that the ground is painted with all kind of black and white spots and all kinds of colours..and it so happened my eyes lay upon one of the white spots and then i started to think and imagine it was on the couch.....now i don\\\'t know if i did see a white thing.. on the side of the couch while i was dusting off..i could have open my eyes for a few seconds with out i knowing....or a glance.....i can\\\'t remember ... derek sometimes it\\\'s so hard to let go...........of those thoughts... i just wondering if i holding on to those thoughts in my heart and while trying to let go it was too late because i saw things and i took those thoughts and imagine it as if it was there.......what to do derek......i think repeat myself while i\\\'m writing..i\\\'m trying to explain....sigh........just help derek. from moy........ and then i went downstairs.....while i thinking whether the white stuff there on the couch i started to think and imagine a piece of black haIR next to the white stuff........then i ask myself how can it haVE 2 WHITE STUFF...ONE ON THE GROUND AND THEN ONE ON THE SIDE OF THE COUCH.........AND I KNEW THAT THIS HAIR ALWAYS STICKING IN MY MIND.........DON\\\'T KNOW IF TI\\\'S THE CAUSE OF IT.....HELP AND ANSWER PLEASE DEREK.....LOVE U ALWAYS ...FROM MOY

A.) What you should do immediately is try to limit your paragraphs to a few sentences as you are right in saying that you repeat things and this will waste your precious time. You are doing a great job in stopping your rituals dead in their tracks. I really feel that you can do it Moy! Continue to do what you're doing, but make sure when you write to try to limit it simply because this is a point of obsession for you and you won't get better till you limit what you say. This will make you think about what you are writing and make you more efficient. I believe in you and you can do it!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed