Saturday, November 29, 2008

Question below!

Q.) I have taken zoloft for 6 months and was doing really well the last three. I have been drinking a little more alcohol in the last week and have noticed my symptoms return. Will it take a while before the meds start working agai. I have also joined a gym program two days ago

A.) yes, alchohol is a no no when trying to become OCD free. So ix nay on the alcohol ay. ok? I know from experience, that's not a train you wanna ride, trust me, it does not end well! Yes, stay on your prescribed meds and don't get off them until doc says it's ok. It's great you are working out, work out whenever you feel like drinking, even if the gym is closed, go running. Get a buddy to go with you if you want even thought this is not necessary. If you feel like you are going to be to weak and you will give into drinking, have someone to call who will talk you out of it, seriously, You gotta take control and you can do it if you follow this carefully. In life we only get so many chances, this may be your last one man, so don't blow it! I got your back, and you can e-mail me anytime 24/7!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed