Saturday, August 23, 2008

Q.) Do childhood experiences need to be addressed in order to combat OCD?

A.) In most cases I really don't think so. I mean, for me, I did not have to do that and other people I know that didn't have to do that either. I do feel that maybe it can be helpful if you developed OCD when you were a child, but even then, it's not really necessary.

The reason I say that is because you are not a child anymore, and you don't have to know the origin of the thoughts to be free of them. All you need to learn how to do is to divert your current thoughts and channel them into something exciting and productive.

In one of my programs I talk about how you didn't really know anything about how OCD works to get it and you don't need to know how it works to shut it off. It's like flipping a switch to turn a light on, you don't need to know how electricity works to turn it on and if you flip the switch off, the light will turn off and you still don't know how electricity works.

I am here to help you turn that switch off and then break it so it cannot be turned on again.

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

"No more OCD!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed