Thursday, August 28, 2008

Q.) How do I help my child who is OCD?

A.) My sister has two children and one of them is starting to show obsessive tendencies. If she gives her son a snack and she opens it first, he will throw it away.

He has to open it himself to make sure it's done right. What worked for her is that she would tell him that he needs to eat it after she opens it, or that he won't get one. She also does not enable him in other OCD areas in his life and she said that he's starting to realize that things can't always be the way he wants them, and more importantly that it's ok.

So I would say to not enable your child, and explain to them that our lives are better and that they'll be more happy when they don't try to control everything.


(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

"See ya, OCD!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed