Saturday, August 23, 2008

Q.) How do I quit ruminating?

A.) Those thoughts on which you dwell upon, you amplify. Although we cannot choose which thoughts pop into our heads, we can choose that which we focus on. Although our minds do have an affinity toward negative thoughts and our brains to think about things we don't want to think about.

How I break free from this is to recognize that it is a pattern, a pattern which can be interrupted. The key is to be aware that you are dwelling on negative thoughts that will not help you be productive or that will not make you feel happy.

Once you have recognized that you are ruminating, or dwelling on these thoughts, then interrupt the pattern by saying something silly to yourself like, "Thank God I am wearing underwear!" This is taken from a well known process called NLP, which I learned from Anthony Robbins, and when you need it, it's just one of the tools that you can put in your tool box to become OCD free!

Making yourself laugh during a time that you have the most anxiety will drastically help you change the way you look at your world. Then I would find a hobby and choose to focus on that.

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

"Bye bye OCD!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed