Friday, August 22, 2008

Q.) How to get rid of OCD physically by yourself without consulting a doctor?

A.) I'm glad that you asked that question! The sad reality is that most doctors don't really care about you or your OCD. In my experience in going to countless doctors in many different cities, I can assure you they do not. They will quickly write you a script and send you on your way. I have, on occasion, met with doctors who genuinely cared. If you find one, hang onto them! As far as dealing with OCD, the best way to do it is without a doctor in most cases. Medicine makes it easier sometimes but in the end, there's no getting around the legwork, period. You have to earn becoming OCD free, it's not hard to do, but it is tedious at first. If you do not perform rituals, you don't have OCD. When a thought of OCD or a ritual comes up, you need to extinguish that thought and focus on more productive things. I would even say to think to yourself, "This obsession is not productive, I'm going to think about things I love, and things I need to get done!" Be firm with yourself, don't be helpless in your mind, but powerful!

(Questions are briefly answered here in this blog. I am currently creating a product that will answer these questions in great detail with "how to" step-by-step instructions and audio, so check for this in up coming e-mails!)

"Kick OCD out the door!"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Here I'll talk about OCD and how to beat it :-)

Search this blog!

FriendFeed badge

View my FriendFeed